Product category: Phipps and bird.
For over 35 years the Phipps & Bird Dipper-Type Sampler has proven its dependability in wastewater treatment plants, chemical plants, paper mills, food processing plants, paint manufacturers, textile mills, government facilities and other institutional applications.
- Automatically collects liquid samples from streams, flumes, lagoons, ponds or manholes.
- Performs reliably even under conditions of high levels of suspended solids or trash-laden flows . . . conditions where most pump-type samplers are ineffective.
- Easy to install; little maintenance required.
- 200cc stainless steel Dipper Cup. (Smaller cups available upon request).
- Stainless steel Trough mounted on adjustable support adapts to most types of collection containers.
- Stainless steel Chain with connecting links assures proper length for various depth settings.
- Stainless steel Support Pipe of sufficient length to adjust depth from 25 inches to 10 feet. Longer pipe for greater depth available upon request. (Maximum 20 feet).
- Bakelite Lower Chain Guide. Grooved to ensure proper chain traverse and minimize clogging and corrosion. Similar in principle to chain saw guide.
- Rugged, powder-coated angle iron Frame to support unit on a platform or above a manhole.
- Housing for Motor and Electronic Control package fabricated of steel with powder- coated finish. Rubber gasket seal protects controls against splashing and moisture.
- Switch actuated by Trip bar mounted on Chain automatically stops cycle after sample has been poured into the Trough.
- Stainless steel Sprocket assures steady movement of Chain without slippage.
- A gear drive Motor capable of 9 inch-pounds output torque powers the sprocket. This 12-volt DC shunted Motor develops .001 horsepower at 3,000 RPM and is geared down 340: 1. It is ventilated and has Class ”A” insulation.